Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Zookeeper


So I got a new job. I start today and I am super excited and a little nervous too. You see, I got a management position, and well the last time I was a manager I had a nervous breakdown that ended my life as I knew it. To be fair there were a few other major contributing factors that lead to the breaking down and it was not the soul responsibility of my title.

However, that being said I would like to take this opportunity to be creative with the moniker that will soon grace my business cards and determine how I sign my emails.

man·ag·er

  [man-i-jer]
noun
1.
a person who has control or direction of an institution,business, etc., or of a part, division, or phase of it.

2.
a person who managesthe manager of our track team.

3.
a person who controls and manipulates resources and expenditures, as of a household.

Sounds like a real bitch, right? I definitely don't want that, so how about: Administrator? Turns out that means one who manages, so no real improvement there.

Other synonyms include: boss, controller, conductor, directorexecutive, governor, handler, head, head person, officerofficialorganizeroverseer, producer, proprietor, slave driver, straw boss, superintendent, supervisor, zookeeper...

zookeeper sounds interesting but perhaps a bit misleading, although there is a lot of talk of animals in a yoga studio: up dog, down dog, pigeon, cat, cow, etc... so... maybe, but no.

How about:

li·ai·son

noun,
1.
the contact or connection maintained in order to ensure concerted action, cooperation, etc.

2.
a person who initiates and maintains contact or connection.

Yeah, that sounds nice. Yoga Studio Liaison... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment